It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Saturday, October 1, 2011

After-Easter Ham Casserole



Ok!  So, you're saying to yourself, "Why in the world would the Swedish Chef post a recipe for after Easter in October?"  One of the things I enjoy most is creating new recipes using leftovers.  A while back, after Easter, I was trying to come up with some dishes using all of the leftover ham.  This is one of those recipes that you need to try.  It's delicious and has a little kick to it, with hot pepper flakes.  So, whenever you have ham leftover from any meal, try this. 


Ingredients:
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped (red, orange, yellow or green)
4 T. olive oil
2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 c. ham, cut into ½ inch cubes
8½ oz. can peas, drained (1 c. frozen peas can be substituted)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
½ soup can water
1 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. hot pepper flakes
1 c. sliced button mushrooms
1 c. sour cream
15 oz. package egg noodles


Sauté onions and peppers in olive oil, until tender.


Cook noodles and drain.  To the noodles, add the sautéed onions and peppers, mushrooms, peas and ham.


In a separate bowl, add soup, sour cream, curry powder and hot pepper flakes.  Mix and add to the noodle mixture. 


Place in a greased 2qt. casserole dish or 9x13 pan, and top with cheddar cheese.  Cover with foil and bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes.  (To keep the cheese from sticking to the foil, lightly spray the foil with non-stick coating, and cover.)

You will notice that this recipe does not call for salt and pepper, because of the ham and the soup.  I will leave it up to you to season it to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment