It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hot Appetizer Pie



With the Holidays fast approaching, Swedish Chef would like to highlight some of his favorite appetizers for entertaining, over the next few weeks.  I will try to include hot appetizers as well as appetizers that can be served cold or at room temperature.  Today's recipe is a favorite among our friends, whenever we entertain, or are invited out.  I think you will enjoy this one.

Ingredients:

8 oz. block cream cheese
2 T. milk
2½ oz. jar dried beef, finely chopped
2 T. green pepper, finely chopped
2 T. onion, finely chopped
½ t. black pepper, freshly ground
dash of garlic powder
½ c. sour cream
1 t. horseradish
¼ c. pecans, chopped
2 T. butter




Soften cream cheese and blend with milk in a bowl.  Mix other ingredients, except nuts and butter. 

Place into an oven-proof casserole or 8" pie plate, lightly sprayed with non-stick coating. 

Spread pecans over the top and dot with butter.

Bake in a 350º oven for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Serve with crackers or sturdy potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment