It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Pizza



If you like pizza and chicken wings, then you will love this recipe.  You can use a prepared pizza shell, but I am including my homemade dough recipe.  It's easy to make, and delicious. 

Dough Recipe:

2 packages dry yeast OR 2 T. yeast
2 T. sugar
2/3 c. warm water
2 c. cold water
3 T. canola or corn oil
1 t. salt (I use just ½ t.)
6½-7 c. bread flour

Sprinkle yeast in warm water and stir in 2 T. sugar.  Let set until mixture is bubbly.

In a large mixing bowl (I use a stand mixer with dough hook), combine yeast mixture with 2 c. cold water, 3 T. oil, and salt.  Add ½ c. bread flour; mix to combine, and begin adding additional flour.

Depending on humidity, you may use 6-7 more cups of flour.  You will want the dough to pull away from the sides of the mixing bowl.

Remove dough from bowl, onto floured surface.  Knead to form a ball.  Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap.  Allow to raise about 1 hour.  Punch down and divide in half.

Roll out to fit any size pizza pan.  Grease pan with vegetable spray, and dust with cornmeal (optional).


Place dough in pan and cover with plastic wrap.  Allow to raise at least 20 minutes.


Chicken Mixture:

1lb. chicken breast tenderloins or 2 boneless-skinless chicken breasts
4 c. water
1 t. salt
1 bay leaf
½-3/4 c. Frank's Red Hot wing sauce
2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
blue cheese salad dressing
1 c. finely chopped celery (optional)

In a medium saucepan, add water, salt, chicken, and bay leaf. 

Bring to a boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes.  Cover with lid and remove from heat.  Let steep in water for 10-15 minutes and remove to small bowl.

Once cool, shred chicken with fingers into bite-sized pieces.  Discard the bay leaf.

Add wing sauce (enough to coat chicken), toss, and place in refrigerator to marinate.




Assembly of Pizza:

Drizzle olive oil over the crust, sparingly.  Sprinkle top of crust with shredded mozzarella cheese.


Place chicken pieces on top of crust.  Drizzle blue cheese dressing over the top.  Add 1 c. minced celery (optional).

Cover with additional cup of mozzarella cheese.  Preheat oven to 400º.  Bake 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment