It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Tomato Dijon Pork Chops with Capers



These moist, succulent pork chops come out great every time.  Serve over rice or noodles for a complete, fresh-tasting meal.




Ingredients:
4 pork loin or rib chops (3/4 inch thick)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 T. olive or vegetable oil
14½ oz. can diced tomatoes
½ t. basil
½ t. oregano
1 clove garlic, smashed
½ c. dry red wine or beef broth
4 oz. capers, drained and rinsed
1 T. dijon mustard
fresh parsley, chopped (optional)

 

Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.  In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil.  Brown meat on both sides until there is a nice color to them. Remove the pork chops to a plate and drain all but one tablespoon of fat from the skillet.



 
 

To the skillet, add garlic, tomatoes, herbs, wine (or broth), mustard and capers. 


 
 
Heat, stirring occasionally for five minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.  Preheat oven to 350º.  Add pork chops back to the skillet, with the sauce mixture.  Spoon the sauce over the pork chops.  Cover and put in oven for 20 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink.


Garnish with parsley and serve.  Yields 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment