It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Turkey Tetrazzini


8oz. Mushrooms, coarsely chopped
5 t. unsalted butter
¼ c. all-purpose flour
1 ¾ c. milk
2 c. chicken broth
¼ c. dry white wine
10oz. spaghetti
3 c. coarsely-chopped cooked turkey
2/3 c. parmesan cheese
1/3 c. fine bread crumbs
2oz. pimentos
salt
olive oil
In a large, heavy saucepan, cook the mushrooms in ¼ cup of the butter over moderate heat, stirring, until most of the liquid has evaporated.  Stir in the flour and cook the mixture over low heat, stirring for 3 minutes.  Add in a stream of milk, broth, and wine, stirring, brining the mixture to a boil.  Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.  In a pot of boiling water, add salt and oil.  Cook the spaghetti until al dente and drain it well.

                                     
In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti, mushroom sauce, turkey, and salt and pepper to taste.  Stir in 1/3 cup of the parmesan cheese, and then transfer the mixture to a buttered, shallow 3-quart casserole dish.  Sprinkle with pimentos.  In a small bowl, combine the remaining parmesan and bread crumbs.  Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the tetrazzini, and dot the top with butter.

                      

Bake in the middle of a preheated oven at 375º for 30-40 minutes, or until it is bubbling and the top is golden.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment