It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Creamed Chicken/Turkey and Biscuits

Here is an easy dinner you can make for your family and have ready an hour after you get home from work.  You can purchase a roasted chicken from the supermarket, bring it home, and pick the meat off for this dish.



1 stick butter
4 c. chicken broth
½ c. flour
2 T. thyme
2 c. frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
2 c. diced chicken or turkey

Melt butter in a 2qt. saucepan.  Add flour and slowly stir for several minutes.  Gradually add chicken broth, whisking to avoid lumping.  Cook until thickened.  If sauce is too thick, you can thin with additional broth.  Add thyme, peas, carrots, chicken or turkey, and warm on medium heat until ready to serve.  Serve over biscuits.

Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment