It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lasagne Roll-ups



I don't know if I can take credit for this techinique, but one time after making lasagne, I had leftover ingredients.  I decided to put the filling in some leftover noodles and rolled them up.  This is what I came up with and I actually like it better because it is easier to serve and does not fall apart like traditional lasagne.

12 lasagne noodles
1 lb. ground beef or sweet Italian sausage, browned and drained
(the demonstration used 1 lb. beef and ½ lb. sausage)
24 oz. ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1 t. dried basil or 2 T. fresh basil
1 t. dried oregano
1/8 t. nutmeg
½ c. parmesan cheese
2 c. mozzarella cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce



Cook noodles until soft enough to roll (about 6 minutes from the time you place them into the boiling water); stir constantly so that they do not stick together.  Drain and cool the noodles on cookie sheet. 


Mix ricotta, eggs, and spices. 


Brown meat; drain, and add sauce. 


Spread ricotta mixture and mozzarella cheese over a noodle.  Roll up and place seam side down into dish that is greased and has a layer of sauce. 


Pour remaining sauce over rolls and top with parmesan and mozzarella.  For more intense flavor, rinse out your spaghetti sauce jar with ¼ c. red wine, and add to sauce.

Bake at 350º for 45-60 minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment