It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Tuna Rice Bake




I found this recipe the other day.  It seemed very simple, had minimal ingredients and seemed to be very cost-friendly.  Some of the ingredients you may already have in your pantry.  I tweaked a few things, changed the process and was quite pleased with the outcome of this dish.  If you are looking for something easy to prepare for dinner, this might be the casserole for you.


Ingredients:
3 oz. cream cheese
10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
2 c. cooked rice
2 - 5 oz. cans tuna, drained (I prefer oil packed, but water packed may also be used)
7 oz. can mushrooms, drained
¼ c. chopped green onions
1 T. chopped parsley
1/8 t. black pepper
¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
paprika, to taste




Put cream cheese in a microwavable bowl.  Place in a microwave oven for 20 seconds to soften.


 Remove from the microwave and add can of soup; stir to combine.


 

Stir in cooked rice, tuna, mushrooms, green onions, parsley and pepper.


Place in a 2 qt. greased casserole dish.  Cover with foil and bake in a 350º for approximately 30 minutes.


Remove from oven and remove foil.  Sprinkle the casserole with Parmesan cheese, followed by paprika.  Finish with a layer of cheddar cheese.


Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.


Remove from oven and sprinkle with an additional tablespoon of finely chopped parsley.  Serves 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment