It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Noodles with Shrimp and Shiitake Mushrooms, Singapore Style




Dear followers, I just want to let you know that I am back!  We took a few months off this summer to enjoy our camp and I recently got married to my now husband after 15 years together.  I look forward to posting many delicious recipes for you to try starting today.  Thank you for your interest and for exceeding 20,000 visits to the blog!



Ingredients:
3 T sesame oil
1 c diced onions
1 t minced garlic
1 t minced ginger
1 t red chili flakes
2 T soy sauce
3 T fish sauce
1 lb shrimp
1 t curry powder
2 c sliced shiitake mushrooms
1 c shredded carrots
4 oz cellophane rice noodles
1 c chopped mint



 

Cook the noodles according to package instructions (about 6-8) minutes, then strain.

 
 

Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.  When the oil is near smoking, add, onions, garlic and ginger.  Sauté for 3-4 minutes then add red pepper flakes.  Reduce heat to medium and cook for about two minutes.

 


Add carrots and mushrooms, and sauté for about two minutes.  Then add curry powder, fish sauce and soy sauce.  Sauté for another two minutes.



Add shrimp and cook for 3 or 4 minutes.  The shrimp will begin to turn pink as they cook.


Add noodles and combine.  Sprinkle with fresh mint just before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment