It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Oriental Pepper Steak


 
I found this in my recipe box.  It has been a long time since I have made it.  We are trying to eat a little healthier this year, and I though that this recipe would be a good example.  It is easy, it takes a minimum number of ingredients, and I think you'll enjoy how it tastes.



Ingredients:
1½ lbs. boneless chuck steak
4 green onions
1 c. peapods (optional)
2 bell pepper, cut into strips
4 T. canola oil
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
¼ t. hot pepper flakes
2 c. water
1½-2 T. corn starch, dissolved into ½ c. cold water or broth

*No salt or pepper added to this dish due to the onion soup mix.  However, season to taste.


 

In a wok or skillet, heat 2 T. oil.  Brown meat and remove from pan.


Add 2 T. oil to pan.  Add pepper strips and peapods, and stir fry until vegetables are tender.


Add hot pepper flakes.


 


Add beef to the vegetable mixture.  Add 2 c. water and the soup mix.  Simmer covered for 10 minutes.


Remove cover, stir in corn starch/broth slurry to thicken.


Serve over rice and top with chopped green onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment