It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Monday, February 4, 2013

Charleston Cheese Dip



Sorry, friends.  I hoped to have this posted last night before the Super Bowl, but we had company and were getting ready to go to a party.  So, here it is today for you to try some other time.  I saw this recipe on the Food Network, from Trisha Yearwood.  Boy, was it delicious!  Everybody at the party loved it.  It is really easy and I hope you'll try it sometime!


Ingredients:

½ c. mayonnaise
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
½ c. grated Monterrey Jack cheese
2 green onions, finely chopped
1 dash cayenne pepper
8 Ritz crackers, crushed
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Corn chips, crackers, or bagel chips

Preheat oven to 350º.

 

In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterrey Jack, green onions, and cayenne pepper. 



 
 
Transfer mixture to a shallow baking dish (such as a 9-inch pie pan, or a disposable casserole dish, as used in this demonstration).  Top the mixture with the cracker crumbs.  Bake until heated through, about 15-20 minutes. 


Remove pan from oven and top with crumbled bacon.  Serve immediately with chips, crackers, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment