It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad



The accompaniment to this recipe is Crunchy Baked Haddock (see March, 2012).

Ingredients:

3 c. chicken broth
1½ c. quinoa
zest from one lemon
juice from one lemon
salt and pepper, to taste
olive oil
1/3 c. minced fresh mint
1/3 c. minced fresh parsley
3 green onions
1 c. sautéed sweet peppers (not hot)

 

Carefully remove stems from peppers.  Cut in half and remove seeds.  Cut into medium dice.


In a small skillet, add 2 T. olive oil and sauté peppers until tender.  Remove and allow to cool.

 

In a 2 qt. saucepan, add 3 c. chicken broth, lemon zest, and lemon juice.  Add salt and pepper, to taste.  Bring to a boil. 


 
 
Add quinoa.  Stir and cover.  Allow to cook until liquid is absorbed.




Cut three green onions into a medium chop.  Cut fresh parsley and fresh mint.  Once liquid has been absorbed, turn heat off.  Add peppers, green onion, parsley, mint, and 2 T. olive oil.  Stir to combine.  Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.

This can be served warm or cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment