It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hawaiian Stir Fry



Aloha!

The Swedish Chef presents a tropical twist to a simple stir fry.  This dish is sure to wow your guests and impress them.  Don't like ham?  Try substituting chicken or pork instead.  Yum!


Ingredients:

2 c. cubed ham
20oz. can unsweetened pineapple tidbits
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. corn starch
2 T. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 carrot, cut into 2" julienne strips
canola oil
1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
2 c. sugar snap peas, frozen or fresh
1 c. pineapple juice (reserved from can of pineapple tidbits)
1 T. grated fresh ginger
pinch of red pepper flakes
¼ c. salted peanuts


Drain pineapple, reserving juice.  In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, corn starch, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice.  Combine until smooth; set aside.


 


In a large non-stick skillet or wok, add 2 T. canola oil and add julienned carrot.  Stir fry for approximately 1-2 minutes.  Stir in sweet peppers and onions and stir fry for 3 minutes.  Add sugar snap peas and ginger, and stir fry for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender.  Add more oil if needed.

Remove vegetables and keep warm.



 

In the same skillet, add another 2 T. canola oil and stir fry ham 3-4 minutes.  Add pineapple, vegetables, soy sauce mixture and red pepper flakes.  Bring to a boil and stir until mixture is thickened.  Add peanuts, heat thoroughly, and serve over rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment