It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Zesty Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers



This recipe was given to me by a friend, Chris.  Here is a zesty appetizer.  This is a perfect compliment to a Mexican dinner.  Try these.... they are delicious!


Ingredients:
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
¼ .c mayonnaise
1 oz. package dry Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
1½ tsp. garlic powder
20 large jalapeño peppers
1 lb. sliced bacon, cut in half



Preheat oven to 400º.  Remove stem ends from peppers.  Cut crosshairs in the pulp, remove the insides of the pepper as much as possible.  If you don't get everything out, you will be able to scrape them better in an upcoming step.



Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, ranch mix, and garlic powder, until evenly blended.


Add cheddar cheese and mix well.


Slice each pepper in half, lengthwise.  At this point, you may have some additional seeds and/or pulp to scrape out.  Once they are ready, spoon some of the cheese mixture into each pepper half.


Wrap each cheese-filled pepper with bacon, covering the entire pepper.


Arrange the peppers on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.


No comments:

Post a Comment