It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chocolate Creme de Menthe* Squares



This week, Swedish Chef has chosen a bar cookie that would be excellent to serve or take to a holiday party.  This recipe is easy and festive looking.  The combination of chocolate and mint is a big hit.  I hope you will try this for your next holiday gathering!




FIRST LAYER:
Mix the following ingredients in the order given:
4 eggs, well beaten
½ c. butter, melted
1 c. granulated sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
½ t. salt
16oz. Hershey's syrup




Add each ingredient and mix well.

Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan.


Bake at 350º for 30 minutes.

MINT LAYER:
2 c. confectioners sugar
½ c. softened butter
2 t. Creme de Menthe*
*If you prefer not to use Creme de Menthe, substitute ½ t. pure mint extract and 2 drops of green food coloring*



Mix well and spread over cooled first layer.

GLAZE:
6 oz. Nestlé Toll House chocolate chips
6 T. butter


Melt ingredients over low heat (or in microwave oven) and spread over mint layer.

Allow to cool completely.  Cut into 1½-2 inch squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment