It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Swedish Chef's Apple Crisp



Autumn is approaching and summer has given up its bounty of crisp, juicy apples.  I can't think of something more comforting on a cold fall day than the smell of cinnamon and apples baking in the oven.

This recipe was given to me several years ago by a family member.  It doesn't get much easier than this, folks.  You can serve this warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or at room temperature.  Make this, and your family will love you.


Ingredients:

5-6 apples, sliced
1 c. white sugar
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. light brown sugar (not packed)
1 egg, beaten
1 t. baking powder
pinch of salt
1 t. vanilla extract
cinnamon
4 T. butter
9x13 baking dish, greased



In a medium bowl, combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt.  Mix with a fork to combine.  Add beaten egg and vanilla, and stir together until mixture is crumbly, then set aside.


Peel apples and cut into quarters; remove core.  Slice thinly. 


Butter a 9x13 baking dish and add enough sliced apples to fill approximately ½ to 2/3 of the baking dish.


Sprinkle cinnamon over apples and dot with butter. 


Cover apples with 1 c. brown sugar evenly.  Top apples with crumb mixture.

Preheat oven to 350º and bake for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment