It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Skillet Rice Medley



This is an easy side dish for ham, chicken, meat loaf, or fish.


Ingredients:
1 c. rice
14.5 oz. chicken broth
2 c. water
4 T. canola oil
½ c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
1 c. frozen peas, thawed
3 T. parsley, minced
3 T. butter
salt and pepper, to taste


In a medium saucepan, add 1 c. rice and chicken stock, plus water, to make 2 cups.  Cook until rice is tender and allow to cool slightly; fluff with fork. 


Finely chop onion and mince garlic. 
Add 4 T. canola oil to large skillet and place over medium heat. 

Add onion and garlic, and sauté to soften.  Watch closely so that the garlic does not burn.


Cut cherry tomatoes in half.

Add rice to skillet, and stir to coat with oil. 

Add frozen peas to rice and stir until peas are soft. 

Add 3 T. butter and continue to stir until butter is melted.

Add tomatoes and toss until they are warmed through.  Season with salt and pepper.

Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.

Serves approximately 6-8 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment