It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Swedish Chef's Steak Tips



It doesn't get any easier than this.  A few ingredients, put them all together, allow them to marinate, and you have a delicious dinner in store for you.  Here is the recipe.... enjoy!



Ingredients:

1½ - 2 lbs. flat iron steak - you may need to ask your butcher to cut this for you
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. canola oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
3 T. brown sugar
1 T. tomato paste
1 T. salt
1 T. black pepper
½ t. cayenne pepper



 


Prick meat and cut into one inch cubes.  Place into a quart sized plastic Ziploc bag.  Add all ingredients.  Zip bag shut.  With your hands, mix until all ingredients are well-combined in the bag.  Place in refrigerator at least two hours.


You may want to strain some of the marinade from the meat before grilling, in order to reduce flare-ups.



Cook on a preheated grill.  Grill until the internal temperature is 135º, about 8 - 10 minutes.  Remove from heat and place on a platter.  Cover with aluminum foil and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.


In this demonstration they were served over buttered rice with parsley.  They would be equally as good with mashed or baked potatoes, or noodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment