It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Stuffed Pepper Soup


One of my all time favorite meals is a stuffed pepper with a nice hot baked potato and all the fixings.  Several years ago, I came across a recipe for stuffed pepper soup.  I am also affectionate for soups and I consider them to be comfort food.  If you enjoy the flavor of a stuffed pepper, and you also enjoy a nice hearty soup, try this recipe.  I promise you will not be disappointed.

We are approaching our third year on this blog and have had over 17,000 people from all over the world visiting.  I thank you for your interest in my recipes and hope you will stay with us for many years to come!



Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground beef (I used 90% lean, to reduce grease)
28 oz. can tomato sauce
28 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
28 oz. can water
2 c. cooked long grain rice
1 c. chopped onion
2 c. chopped bell peppers (I used green and red for color)
¼ c. packed brown sugar
2 t. salt
2 t. beef bullion granules
1 t. black pepper




In a skillet, brown ground beef and drain.

 


Chop onions and peppers.

Cook rice and allow to cool.  (I used one bag of boil-in-bag rice for this demonstration, which produced 2 c. cooked rice.  You can also cook one cup of rice of your choice with 2 c. water, bring to a boil, cover and let stand for 25-35 minutes and fluff with a fork for the same result).

 

In a dutch oven, add drained beef, onions, peppers, tomatoes, salt, pepper, beef bullion, rice and brown sugar.


Stir to combine.  Bring to a boil then reduce heat.  Simmer for approximately 35-45 minutes.


Serve with a salad and a slice of homemade bread.

Yield: 10 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment