It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Strawberry Margarita Pie





Ingredients:

3 T. unsalted butter or margarine
2 T. honey
1½ c. crushed pretzels
3 c. strawberry frozen yogurt, softened (ice cream can be substituted if frozen yogurt is not available)
1½-2 c. frozen light non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
1 t. grated lime peel
1 t. lime zest
16 oz. package frozen strawberries, thawed
1 T. fresh lime juice
1 T. tequila (optional)


Melt butter and honey in a medium microwavable bowl.  Microwave on high for 30 seconds, or until smooth when stirred.


 

Add crushed pretzels.  Stir until evenly coated.  Press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate.


Preheat oven to 350º.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until set.  Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.


 

Combine frozen yogurt, whipped topping, and lime peel in a medium bowl.  Gently fold with a rubber spatula.  Spoon into cooled pie crust.  Freeze for 2 hours, or until firm.

Combine strawberries, lime juice, and lime zest in a small bowl.  Stir to blend.  Add tequila (optional) and refrigerate until serving.


Remove pie from freezer.  Allow to set for approximately 20-30 minutes before serving.  Cut pie into 8 portions.  Add strawberry/tequila mixture before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment