It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Frosted Cheesy Garlic Herb Yeast Buns




A Swedish Chef Exclusive!

Sometimes I just dream things up in my head!














Ingredients:

1 Box Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix (includes yeast packet)
Dry oregano, basil, garlic powder
McCormick Salad Supreme
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 stick butter, softened
Parmesan cheese
4 oz. dried speck, bacon (6 slices), or chopped pepperoni
8 oz. cream cheese
1 oz. block Land o' Lakes garlic herb "Sauté Express (found in butter section of your supermarket)
2 T. butter (for roll mix)
1 egg (for roll mix)


 
 

Prepare Hot Roll Mix according to package directions.  Place in bowl, cover, and allow to rise until doubled (about 60 minutes).

 


Roll on floured surface into approximately a 12x17 rectangle.



Spread with softened butter (not melted) to within ¼ inch of all sides.



Generously sprinkle herbs and Salad Supreme on the rolled, buttered dough.  Sprinkle the speck over the dough, followed by mozzarella, then Parmesan.

 

Roll the long side into jelly form.  Seal edges by pinching the seam.


Cut into one inch slices.


Place each piece into a 11½ x 8 inch pan, buttered or sprayed with a non-stick coating.  Cover and allow to rise until doubled (about 30 minutes).


Bake at 375º for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool slightly.

 

Mix soft cream cheese with garlic herb butter and spread over cooled rolls.

Serve with pasta dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment