It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Grilled Lamb Shoulder Chops with Orange Mint Sauce



Now that spring is here and Easter is upon us, we think of different meals that are light, but yet very delicious.  This recipe could be very well used for your Easter celebration, or any time of the year.  It is light, savory, sweet, succulent and delicious.  I know you will like this!


Ingredients:

4 lamb shoulder chops
olive oil
salt and pepper
garlic powder
¼ c. finely chopped mint leaves
zest of one orange
½ c. orange juice
2 T. sugar
2 T. grand marnier (optional)
1 t. corn starch, diluted in 1 T. water


 

Place lamb shoulder chops onto a platter.  Drizzle liberally, on both sides, with olive oil.  Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.


Prepare your grill to the appropriate heat, based on how well-done you prefer your meat.  With these cuts of lamb, it is not recommended to cook them to "well done".  In the meantime, prepare your glaze.

 

Zest the rind of one orange, and chop into coarse pieces.  Finely chop ¼ cup fresh mint.  Juice the orange through a strainer until you have ½ c. of juice.


Add mint, zest, juice, Grand Marnier and 2 T. sugar to a saucepan.  Bring to a simmer for approximately 2-3 minutes, then bring to a boil.


Add corn starch to 1 T. water and stir to combine.  Add to boiling water, then stir and simmer for 1-2 minutes.  Serve over grilled lamb chops.


This dish may be served with rice, pasta, or potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment