It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Amish Sugar Cookies

Amish Sugar Cookies


1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. confectioners sugar
1 c. butter
1 c. oil
2 eggs
4 ½ c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter, sugars, and oil.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients, mix well.  Place dough in the refrigerator for a few hours.  Make walnut-sized balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Press down with a fork, then sprinkle with sugar.  Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes.





1 comment:

  1. Made this cookies today. When my son, Tyler tasted one he said ,"Mmmmmm....those Amish sure know how to make cookies!"

    Chris

    ReplyDelete