It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Polish Stir-Fry






Ingredients:
1½ lbs new potatoes (red or white)
½ medium onion
8 oz. butter
3 T parsley, minced
2 c. kielbasa (when cut into small pieces)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper, to taste





Rinse potatoes and place into a pot.  Cover with water and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender, but not overdone.  Drain and allow to cool.  Leave skins on.  Cut into ¼ inch slices.


Cut kielbasa into small slices, similar to the potatoes.


Dice half of a medium sweet onion.

 

In a cast iron skillet, melt butter.  Add potatoes, kielbasa and onion.


Add salt and pepper, to taste.


Fry over medium heat until potatoes are brown and crusty and the onion is brown.  Add parsley and toss.

 

Sprinkle cheese over the top and place into a 350º oven until cheese is melted slightly.

 
Optional: Serve with a side of horseradish.

1 comment: