It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Onion and Garlic Quinoa



This is a healthy and delicious side dish to serve with almost any entrée.  It is good with chicken, beef, fish, lamb, etc.  In this demonstration, I served it with grilled lamb shoulders in a mint orange sauce (posted March, 2013 on The Swedish Chef).  It is easy to make and only takes about 10 minutes to assemble.  I really think you will enjoy this side dish.


Ingredients:

1 c. quinoa, rinsed and drained
14.5 oz. can chicken broth (almost 2 c.) + 2 T. water
2 T. butter
2 T. olive oil
½ c. onion, chopped
2 T. minced garlic
2 T. minced chives
salt and pepper

 

In a skillet, add olive oil and butter.  Melt, and add onions.  Sauté 3-4 minutes until the onions begin to color and are slightly translucent.  Add garlic and continue to sauté for 2 additional minutes.





Add rinsed and drained quinoa to the skillet, along with chicken stock.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until most of the liquid has been absorbed into the quinoa.




Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Add chives and toss until combined. 

Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment