It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Spinach Linguine with chicken and green onions in mushroom alfredo sauce


Ingredients:

2 T. butter
2 T. olive oil
5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper, freshly ground

½ c. chicken stock
½ c. dry white wine
2 c. half and half
1¼ c. Romano cheese, freshly grated
1 bunch green onions (approx. 6), chopped
2 large shallots (or one green onion, minced)
3/4 lb. spinach linguine or fettuccine
2 T. butter (room temperature)




Melt 2 T. butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium-low heat.  Season chicken with salt and pepper; add to skillet.  Sauté until cooked through, turning occasionally (about 12 minutes).

 


Transfer to heated plate and tent with foil to keep warm, in a 250º oven.  Add mushrooms and shallots to the skillet and stir for one minute.  Add chicken stock and white wine.  Increase heat to boil and reduce to glaze, about 5 minutes.


Add cream and boil slightly until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes,


Add Romano cheese and green onions.  Stir until sauce thickens.



Remove chicken from oven.  Add juices accumulated from chicken plate; season generously with pepper.


Cook linguine in a pot of rapidly boiling water, stirring to keep it from sticking; drain well.


Add 2 T. room temperature butter to sauce and mix until butter melts.


Thinly slice chicken diagonally and arrange over pasta.  Pour sauce over chicken and pasta.  Serve immediately with additional grated Romano cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment