It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chicken Stuffed Shells


I have had this recipe for several years now.  I use this dish when I entertain.  It can be made ahead, and held in the refrigerator, and requires only a few simple ingredients.  I promise that your guests are going to love this.  Some variations of this recipe call for peas to be added to the stuffing mixture, but I prefer it without the peas.

Ingredients:

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 bay leaves
1 c. mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
1 box large shells (you will need 18 shells)
16 oz. box stuffing mix (any brand)
3 - 10 3/4 cans Campbell's soups: cream of chicken, cream of celery, and cheddar cheese
14 oz. can chicken broth
2 c. shredded cheese (I use cheddar-jack)



Rinse and place chicken breasts into pot of cold water.  Add two bay leaves and bring to a boil.  Turn down, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.  Remove chicken and place on a plate to cool.  Cover with plastic wrap.  When cool enough to handle, shred with fingers and set aside.



In a large pot, add cold water and 1 T. oil.  Bring to a boil and add shells.  Cook until al dente.  Remove and allow to cool on a cookie sheet.  Cover with plastic wrap.


Make stuffing mix according to package directions, and allow to cool.



In a large bowl, mix chicken, stuffing, and mayonnaise together.


Stuff each shell with stuffing and chicken mixture.


Place shells in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.  If you are making this ahead, cover and refrigerate; do not add soup until you are ready to bake.



Mix all three soups with one can of chicken broth, and pour over stuffed shells.



Place into a 350º oven and bake for approximately 30-45 minutes.  Remove pan and top with grated cheese.  Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment