It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pecan Pumpkin Dessert



You won't believe how easy this dessert is to make.  It literally goes together in minutes.  You may not ever want pumpkin pie again.  This is exceptional!  I hope you'll try it.


Ingredients:

15oz. can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
12oz. can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
½ t. cloves
¼ t. nutmeg
1 box Betty Crocker Supermoist golden vanilla cake mix
1½ c. chopped pecans or walnuts
3/4 c. butter or margarine, melted
                                                                           whipping cream, whipped



Heat oven to 350º.  Using shortening or cooking spray, grease bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan.  In a medium bowl, beat pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg with wire whisk until smooth.  Pour into pan.



Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture.  Sprinkle with pecans.  Pour melted butter evenly over top of the dessert.


Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool slightly.  Serve warm or chilled with a dollop of whipped cream.

Once cooled completely, this dessert may also be covered and refrigerated for up to 48 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment