It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Taco Pie




If you are looking for a quick, easy meal to prepare for the family, this is the recipe for you.  It takes very few ingredients and can be prepared in little or no time.  If your family likes tacos, they are going to like this!


Ingredients:
8-count can of crescent rolls
1 c. crushed corn chips
1½ lbs. ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
½ c. water
½ c. mild chunky salsa
1 c. sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese
½ c. crushed corn chips




Press dough into a 10-inch pie plate; seal performations.

Sprinkle with the first cup of corn chips.



Brown ground beef in skillet, stirring until crumbly; drain.  Add seasoning mix, water, and salsa.  Simmer for 5 minutes.

Spoon meat mixture over corn chips, then spread with sour cream.


Cover with cheddar cheese, the sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of corn chips.

Bake at 375º for 20 mintues or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment