It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Banana Sour Cream Walnut Loaf

This is a recipe I came across several years ago.  It comes from the Pennsylvania State Grange Cookbook.  The sour cream gives it a nice dense, moist crumb.  I do not use the nuts.  Try this - I think you'll agree it's the best!



2/3 c. butter or margarine, softened
1½ c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1½ c. mashed bananas
2-3/4 c. flour, sifted
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ c. sour cream
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs and bananas.  Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring well after each addition.  Fold in walnuts.  Pour into greased and floured 5x9 inch loaf pan.  Bake at 350º for 1¼ hours or until loaf tests done.  Cool in pan for 20 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.  Store, tightly wrapped, in refrigerator.  Yields 1 loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment