It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tomato-Dijon Pork Chops with Capers



These moist delicious pork chops are always a crowd pleaser.   Serve over rice, noodles, couscous, or quinoa.


Ingredients:

4 pork loin or rib chops (3/4 inch thick)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 T. olive or vegetable oil
14½ oz. can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano (undrained)
½ c. dry red wine or beef broth
1 T. dijon mustard
chopped fresh parsley
4 oz. capers, drained



 Season meat with salt and pepper.  In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown chops in hot oil (about 3 minutes per side).



 

Remove from skillet; drain all but 1 T. fat from the skillet.  Add tomatoes, wine, and mustard to the skillet.  Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until thickened.



Add capers then return meat to skillet.  Spoon tomato mixture over meat.  Cover and cook over low heat for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.


Garnish with chopped parsley and serve over one of the items listed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment