It has been over three years since I started posting recipes on Swedish Chef - it doesn't seem possible. In that time, I have been amazed by the number of visits to my blog from all over the world. I am not exactly sure how so many of my followers found me, but I am so pleased that you did.

I hope that I have offered a variety of easy and delicious recipes for you. I look forward to another year of easy, affordable, and delicious cuisine. If you would like to request a recipe, please contact me via email.

Thank you,

Randy Swanson
"The Swedish Chef"

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Crunchy New Potatoes



One of our local butchers, Jack Bell of Kane, PA, suggested a flat iron steak, and it was home run.  The steak was complemented by the crunchy new potatoes.  If you cannot find a flat iron steak from your local butcher or supermarket, feel free to substitute another tender cut of beef, such as a tenderloin.


Potatoes
Ingredients:

12 small new red potatoes
1 envelope (.4 oz.) Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk recipe mix
2 c. crushed corn flakes
½ c. (1 stick) melted butter





Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.  Preheat the oven to 400º.


Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly, then peel them.


Mix corn flakes and dressing mix in a bowl.


Dip the potatoes in melted butter, then roll them in the corn flake mixture. 


Place the potatoes in a greased baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.



 Steak

Ingredients:

Flat iron steak
Lysander's hickory rub



Coat your steak with a generous amount of seasoning and press into the the meat.  Turn steak over and repeat.  Allow 30-60 minutes before grilling the steak.


Grill both sides of the steak to your liking (rare, medium, well, etc.). 


Cut into strips and serve with potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment